5. Drop the mixture onto un-greased cookie sheets by
heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minute; then
lower temperature of oven to 300 F and continue baking for 10 to 15
minutes longer or until puffed. Allow to cool.
7. Prepare the Vanilla Cream Filling: Blend sugar,
cornstarch and salt in saucepan. Combine with milk and egg yolks and
gradually stir into sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly until mixture thickens. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from
8. Prepare pastry bag using 1-inch round tip. Put
in the cream filling.
9. Get one puffed shell and inject filling inside,
Do the same with the rest of the puffed shells.
10. Arrange filled puffs on wire rack with an
aluminum pan underneath to catch glaze drippings. Set aside.
11. Prepare Caramel Glaze: Combine sugar, water
and cream of tartar in a saucepan. Boil until sugar is melted and becomes
12. With a spoon, drizzle caramel glaze over
filled puffs while still warm. If caramel begins to harden, soften over
Follow the same recipe as cream puff but pipe 3-inch strips of choux
pastry onto ungreased cookie sheets. Fill as cream puffs but use Chocolate
Glaze instead of Caramel Glaze.