5. Remove dough from bowl.
6. Divide into two, one slightly larger than the
7. Roll the larger portion.
8. Fit into pie plate.
9. If desired bake blind in a preheated oven for
10 to 12 minutes.
10. Prepare Pineapple Filling: Put together in a
saucepan the ingredients for the filling except eggwash and bring mixture
to boil, stirring continuously until thick. Allow to cool.
11. Spoon mixture over the prebaked crust.
12. Roll out other ball of dough into ¼ inch
13. Cut into ½ inch thick strips long enough to
cover the filling.
14. Get the shot strip and other excess dough and
form again into ball. Roll out again into ¼ inch thick and cut more long
strips to make total of 10.
15. Arrange the strips to cover the filling in a
16. Brush crust with eggwash.
17. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or
until top is golden brown. Let the pie cool on the rack then chill.