4. Form into ball.
5. Roll out dough to fit pie plate. Flute edges.
6. Partially bake crust in a preheated oven for 10
to 15 minutes. Brush with eggwhite.
7. Cover rim with a 3-inch strip of aluminum foil.
8. Cream butter and sugar in a medium-sized bowl
9. Add egg one at a time, beating well after each
addition. Blend in syrup, vanilla and walnuts.
10. Pour into prepared crust.
11. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until pick
inserted in center comes out clean. Remove aluminum foil at the last 10
minutes of baking. Let cool slightly.
12. Serve warm or chilled.