2. Add the onions and bell peppers; saute about 2
minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the
pecans and continue cooking for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the raisins and butter (these are added together so the raisins will
absorb as much butter as possible).
4. Stir until butter is melted, then cook until
raisins are plump, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the rice and seasoning mix and cook until
rice starts looking frizzly. This will require about 2 to 3 minutes,
stirring almost constantly before the rice looks "frizzly".
6. Stir in the stock, scraping pan bottom well,
then stir in the apples.
Cover pan and bring to boil; lower heat and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, until
rice is tender and stock is absorbed, about 30 minutes.